Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Purple Story

Just rearranging and grouping some pretty purples together for a Winter's effect.


Wherever you are in terms of Winter Storm/Blizzard Juno, I hope you are safe and well.


The Midwest got some kind of a reprieve from this one, and I haven't heard if the storm materialized in the South and moved up or swept high over our heads. Our weather switched in less than an hour on Sunday from t-shirt warm to blustery cold.  Other than that, we're doing fine, and this week is looking okay, too.


I made the choice several years ago to enjoy the season I'm in as much as possible and not wish for a season upcoming. I have learned to do that, to a certain degree, barring the extremes of super hot or super frigid.. or storms? Today I made a pot of Baked Potato Soup and grilled a little mini quesadilla for supper. Rather yum.


Take good care of yourself.
Talk to you soon...

4 comments:

Becky K. said...

You usually have such harsh winters...I'm glad you are catching a break. Your purples are pretty. I've been commissioned to make a purple Frankincense and Myrrh candle. I'll probably get that done today. We are basically snowed in since Warren took my van to work today. His little Miata and snow aren't compatible. :-)

Miss Merry said...

I feel pretty lucky where we are, only got a few inches. Your soup sounds like a good idea. The purple is so warm on this cold day! Great color choice.

bj said...

No snow here right now...supposed to be in the 70's thru Fri and then a little rain predicted.
Glad weather is good there for now.
Love your pretty purples.
I, too, want to enjoy each season I am in. At my age, I may not have that many seasons left...lol

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

such a pretty, pretty dolly. and in such a pretty, pretty purple setting.

yes, to me it is wise, to try to find enjoyment, in whatever season I am in. we can try, anyway. and since we "live in our minds," what we set our minds to, can more easily become our "setting." well, it sounds good, anyway.

thankfully, we were above and to the west of, where juno struck her wrath. so happy to be spared.