Saturday, February 22, 2014

Surprise, Paula!

What every well-dressed house needs is its own rose garden.... shawl, that is.  I used Bernat silky acrylic variegated yarn...color was Rose Garden.  This is a five row granny attached to nine others  with a row of shells all around the whole scarf.   


It's my newest finished project...
 I fashioned this for my sister/cousin's  birthday surprise party.  We were supposed to bring a package of seed.  I had selected a cute box with all blue flowering seeds...  But due to el Polar Vortex weather My seed order was returned to sender by UPS....  so.I made her this with Rose Garden yarn...



 Rose garden seems appropriate foe so many reasons. Our grandmother...we call her Ma.....  had such huge, dinner plate roses... That sweet grandmother is ever out in her garden in our memories---Suntanned arms, hair in  French knot, Ma had a beautiful way with flowers, handiwork, and living. My cousins all inherited those green thumbs... Which usually translates to lots of work.














 Tonight's party will be in her daughter's new home...  I'm excited to see my sister/cousin's expression because  she has absolutely no idea.  What about you? Do you like surprises?
















 We are also creating a memory jar...  I'm afraid my memory just got out of hand!  I couldn't stop with one... we have too much history...  I had to do the whole alphabet!




 And for that special touch..  I crocheted her a book Mark with a posy...  and I might have just "chained one" for each of her special years on this earth...







5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Gayla- What a wonderful surprise that would be. I am not particularly fond of surprises unless it involves travel...lol... That is a beautiful piece you have crocheted there..and the bookmark is a wonderful touch, too. xo Diana

Latane Barton said...

A lot of work, a lot of love and a whole lot of memories. Loved your post today and hope that the gift was loved and appreciated, as it well should be.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Ohhhhh... Precious gifts... Lovely... And look at your beautiful hand writing... -sob- Mine isn't beautiful any more, and I am so *jealous* of yours. :-)

Enjoy the coming festivities!!!!

Tessa~

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Do I like SURPRISES?!?!?!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

And you left me the sweetest of surprises, this morning. Your Header!!!!!!!!

Oh I got so excited, when I saw it. Had to tell my husband about "the story" behind it. -gigggggles-

-clapping hands- -dancing a jig- I love sharing blogging tips. Love it!!! :-)))))))

Tessa~

From My Country Sunrise said...

I just love all your special touches you did for me~~It was all so special and the abc's were awesome Love you so much♥